B2B Engineering Director (M/F) - Paris CDI
Hi there 👋
What you’re reading is not a job description.
It’s a menu full of everything you’ve ever wanted to flavor. Except we’re not talking about food. We’re talking about your career appetite.
You know Kapten? We’re just another french startup shaking the world of another american giant. What we do: ride-hailing, and we do it the right way.
Our tech department learned a lot from Spotify’s organization, so they worked on how to implement our own Spotify-like model at Kapten.
To make this great organization work, one essential piece of the puzzle is missing: our B2B Tribe Director. Well, we used to have one, but he’s now the CTO (sh*! happens 😏)
Feeling hungry for success? Let me tell you about our flavors:
You will have 3 areas of responsibility:
- Software engineering
- Roadmap building
- Team management
As a Tribe Director, you will be in charge of the B2B domain: a growing fast market and department.
Your job will be to make sure that you reach the ambitious targets we have for B2B by implementing the right tech strategy, and also by working hand-in-hand with our Lead Product Manager and our Sales Director (you don't have to actually hold their hands, it's a metaphor).
You will share your table with:
- The B2B Tribe: you will lead a growing department of around 10 champions, divided into 2 squads. We plan to double the size of the team in the coming months (tell me about it!)
- The B2B Sales team: you will collaborate with around 20 people led by Dimitri Tsygalnitzky (repeat after me: “Tsy-gal-ni-tzky”)
- The Tribe Directors team: I like to describe them as the Tribe Directors guild, which is like a squad full of CTO after all (are you still with me?)
We can reserve you a sit at our table if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience
- Have a proven record of leading tech teams
- Have efficiently delivered several impacting projects in different tech environments
- Be experienced in Scrum, DevOps and TDD environment
- As Gilles (CTO) would say, you also need to be “the only one man/woman who always knows before everybody when a decision will lead to a bloodbath and a huge legacy”
Why would you choose us?
I don’t know, it depends on your expectations. Sorry if you wanted me to say that the team is cool because they play ping-pong at lunch break and drink beers after work (even if that might be true 🙄). I mean… I’m Recruiter. Of course the team is cool.
If you’re still reading this... you must be part of the 10%* of candidates who actually read job descriptions. And since you’re still hungry, I’ll give you a sweet piece for dessert.
You will work on the most state-of-the-art part of our Platform. Rebuilt from the foundations, the current services are going to welcome soon traffic from the legacy part. As you surely know, migrations are tricky. However, we at Kapten know how to do this efficiently ! 😉
*Yes, I came up with this metric. Who cares? If you do, apply and let’s talk.
What you’ll get:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten credits every month
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!