Lead Android Developer (H/F) - CDI Paris #Kotlin
Our tech team is hiring!
The tech team at Kapten (ex-Chauffeur Privé), it’s… a multidisciplinary team of 70 people with complementary skills: back, front and full-stack developers, iOS and Android developers, SRE, DBA, Data Analyst Scientist and Engineer, QA and Product Manager. The tech is composed of 6 tribes, each of them is a set of squads. This model is inspired by Spotify, more details about our tech organization here: https://medium.com/kapten-engineering/agile-at-chauffeur-prive-172b6f920c24
- A micro-services architecture (+ 100 currently);
- A modern stack: Node.js, Go and Python for the back, React for the front and MongoDB, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch databases; Swift and Kotlin for the mobile
- Several deployments a day;
- Great importance is given to the quality of the code (TDD, Code metrics, Review, Metrology ...).
Our three obsessions ...
- Stability: we aim for a 100% uptime, robust developments, we migrate without downtime, and are ultra-rigorous, especially on the unit and functional tests
- Versatility/Sustainability: our traffic is continually increasing, therefore our services must be able to absorb the current and future load
- Relevance: just the right thing, no more, no less, for both the functionality and its implementation
We are currently looking for a Lead Android Developer!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be in charge of developing new functionalities to accompany our development on our B2C app.
- You are an Android expert: your mission is to represent our product vision, to evolve/upgrade our Stack and to develop/grow our mobile team skills #BestAndroidteam
Our Stack :
- 50% Kotlin (100% goal in 2019)
- Android SDK 16+
- Clean Architecture
- Stack moderne : Dagger 2, Retrofit, Rx
- Continous Integration
- Unit & Functionnal Tests (JUnit, Mockito, Espresso)
We are looking for:
A technical expert:
- You animate our Android developers’ community: you are an Android mentor, you provide your knowledge and expertise and guarantee the technical evolution of each Android Developer;
- You evolve our Stack according to our business needs and you are a source of proposal to improve our technical architecture or our practices.
A passionate developer:
- You are in charge of Android developments within your Squad (feature team) and you act as an expert on all Android topics;
- You participate in the design phases, you draft technical specifications and you proactively elaborate solutions;
- You interact with all of your Squad in Agile mode;
- You optimize existing features in both performance and quality;
- Within the Android Guild, you support code review of other Android developers (in Pair Review);
- You ensure a regular tech watch and participate in the launch of new projects.
Your profile :
- Bachelor or Master’s degree holder with at least 7 years of experience in mobile development
- Experience with the Android SDK and the lifecycle of a mobile application
- Knowledge of Rx reactive programming
- Knowledge of the best practices (tests, coverage, ect…)
- A GitHub Repository and/or an application on Google Play is a plus
What we offer:
- Working towards solving several high challenges with a tech team of 70 people
- Having the possibility of choosing your laptop: OS and IDE plus home office option (once a week)
- Evolving in a friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices with a 360° view on Paris, video games, ping pong, cafeteria...
- Having a healthy mind in a healthy body: fruit baskets delivered every week, yoga classes hosted...
- Learning to hate the subway: 100 euros of credits on your Kapten app per month