Android Developer (M/F) #Kotlin - Paris (relocation accepted)
We're hiring Android Developers!
Inspired by the Spotify model, our tech team (75 people) is organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds. All of our feature teams work in Scrum with 2-weeks sprints. Find out more here: https://eng.kapten.com/
You will join one of our blue chip teams: B2C, B2B or Supply Tribe, each composed of +/- 15 people.
- Kotlin, the one and only (well... 35% of Java still remaining but not for long)
- Rx family (RxJava, RxKotlin & RxAndroid) to manage reactive aspects of our architecture
- Dagger2 for dependency injection
- An homemade architecture named Swipr and mainly based on the Clean architecture :
- Presentation layer using MVVM principles
- Domain layer using redux like architecture to model business rules
- Data layer using Repository pattern to abstract data access
- New app released every two week and high development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, UI tests
- The backend part is made of :
- 140 microservices deployed in production
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- You are in charge of Android developments within your Squad (feature team), you prioritize and size your tasks to deliver on time;
- You participate in the design phases, you draft technical specifications and you proactively elaborate solutions;
- You demonstrate an effective use of testing and you proactively tackle technical debt;
- Within the Android Guild, you participate in knowledge sharing, architecture vision and consistency between squads ;
- You provide thorough and timely code feedback to peers (peer coding, code reviews,...);
- You participate in your Squad projects, you share your opinion and you take an architectural perspective;
- You always push to become a better developer and you mentor junior developers.
This job is located in Levallois-Perret (10 minutes from St-Lazare / center of Paris). Please note that we have a relocation policy if you live outside France! ✈️
- You have 2+ years of experience, ideally with Kotlin & Rx
- You are able to write modular and maintainable code without guidance;
- You have a good understanding of android framework particularities;
- You pay attention to details and dislike uncentered elements;
- You demonstrate good knowledge of core concepts and tools (patterns, languages, tests, etc.);
- A GitHub Repository and/or an application on Google Play is a plus.
- HR phone call with Julien (20 minutes)
- Fit interview with Lead Developer and HR (1 hour)
- Technical test to be done at home (3-5 hours)
- Test debrief with Android Developer and Tribe Director (1 hour) + interview with CTO (30 minutes)
- Employment offer sent by HR - we'll be like "You're the one that I want, You are the one I want" and you'll go "Ooh ooh ooh" 💃
Our work motto:
- A healthy mind in a healthy body: fruits basket, free tea and coffee, yoga classes, showers for the athletes
- A friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices with a 360° view on Paris, video games, ping-pong, cafeteria...
- …. that adapts to your needs: possibility of choosing your laptop and home office option (once a week)
- A passive-aggressive relationship with the subway: Kapten ride credits every month
Why joining our tech team?
- Learning opportunities: mentoring, tech guilds, presentations through weekly tech stand-up
- Major European tech conferences sponsoring and allocated budget to send you to tech events
- Meetups hosting and knowledge sharing through Medium