Driver Communications Manager
What’s our story?
Launched in February 2019, Kapten is the new name of Chauffeur Privé - the leading French ride-hailing company established in 2012, currently available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, Lisbon, Porto, and now London.
Kapten is the PHV app that takes care of its users throughout their journey by offering an exclusive loyalty program, fair prices fixed before the ride and a responsive and local customer service. It was acquired by Daimler AG in January 2018 and now is a part of Daimler’s and BMW’s mobility joint-venture.
Kapten’s entry to London in May proved to be the largest ride-hailing city launch ever in Europe. It was the most downloaded app in the UK App Store for three consecutive days during the bank holiday weekend.
All of Kapten’s 15,000 driver partners in London have completed TfL’s rigorous licensing process. Kapten is the only platform covering the congestion charge for the drivers for the rest of 2019 and offering additional rewards for plug-in hybrids and electric cars.
Kapten’s everyday low pricing will mean fares are on average 20% cheaper than the competition. Kapten trips in the congestion charge zone will be at least £2 cheaper than Uber, because the American competitor charges congestion and clean-air fees on top of the fare. Kapten operates in TfL zones 1-5.
Today, Kapten consists of 300+ employees of over 20 nationalities. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join our London team in this exciting journey and help us achieve our goal: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. Read on to get an idea of what our requirements are and what we offer in return.
Deciding to join Kapten might just be your best decision today!
We need a driver communications manager to build excellent relationships with our partner drivers.
The driver communications manager will be responsible for engagement and retention of partner drivers through social media, emails, push messages, influencers and partnerships. The role will be responsible for managing and executing communications for the Kapten brand in all driver-facing channels.
- Plan and manage a programme of communications activity to build awareness of the Kapten brand among private-hire drivers
- Build a community of Kapten driver partners - through which to develop Kapten’s messages, start conversations and deliver messages and content.
- Be responsible for sourcing partnerships that will leverage the Kapten brand to private-hire drivers, and also that will potentially benefit Kapten partner drivers (rewards)
- Work closely with the operations and customer service teams to align driver communication
- Ongoing measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of communications and campaigns
- You have a good understanding of online communication channels, such as social media and CRM
- Experience of writing email copy
- Experience of managing and engaging social media communities
- Experience working with SQL and Mailchimp would be beneficial but it is not essential
- Previous experience of working at another mobility tech company is also desirable but not essential
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten credits every month (this just happens to be our favourite benefit!)
- Pension scheme
- A WeWork office in Central London with a fantastic roof-top view and facilities
- Drinks and snacks in the office
- Regular talks with internal and external speakers
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!