Senior Back-end Developer (M/F) - Paris (relocation accepted)
We're hiring Senior Back-end Developers!
Inspired by the Spotify model, our tech team (75 people) is organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds. All of our feature teams work in Scrum with 2-weeks sprints. Find out more here: https://eng.kapten.com/
You will join one of our blue chip teams: B2C, B2B or Supply Tribe, each composed of +/- 15 people.
- 130 microservices deployed in production
- Node.js + TypeScript, Python, Go and React as front-end framework
- Swift, Kotlin for mobile apps
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- 30+ deployments a day
- Fully automated CI / CD with CircleCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Complete observability of our stack in production (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, APMs...)
- High development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, load tests
- You own and you're accountable for large features and high-leverage coding projects;
- You structure projects into well-defined tasks in order to deliver the most value in no time;
- You optimize existing features in both performance and quality;
- You take initiatives to identify and solve important problems/risks;
- You act as an expert and you maintain a high bar in code reviews and technical design discussions;
- You actively participate in coaching other developers around you (ex: guilds, mentoring).
This job is located in Levallois-Perret (10 minutes from St-Lazare / center of Paris). Please note that we have a relocation policy if you live outside France! ✈️
- You are an excellent developer who writes modular, well-architectured code;
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development;
- You are familiar with Agile methods such as Scrum, Devops or TDD;
- A GitHub Repository and/or an application on Google Play is a plus.
- HR phone call (20 minutes)
- Fit interview with Lead Developer and HR (1 hour)
- Technical test to be done at home (3-5 hours)
- Test debrief with Tribe Director and Lead Developer (1 hour) + interview with CTO (30 minutes)
- Employment offer sent by HR - we'll be like "You're the one that I want, You are the one I want" and you'll go "Ooh ooh ooh" 💃
Our work motto:
- A healthy mind in a healthy body: fruits basket, free tea and coffee, yoga classes, showers for the athletes
- A friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices with a 360° view on Paris, video games, ping-pong, cafeteria...
- …. that adapts to your needs: possibility of choosing your laptop and home office option (once a week)
- A passive-aggressive relationship with the subway: Kapten ride credits every month
Why joining our tech team?
- Learning opportunities: mentoring, tech guilds, presentations through weekly tech stand-up
- Major European tech conferences sponsoring and allocated budget to send you to tech events
- Meetups hosting and knowledge sharing through Medium