Marketing Director, UK
Who are we?
Launched in February 2019, Kapten is the new name of Chauffeur Privé - the leading French ride-hailing company established in 2012, currently available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, Lisbon, Porto, Geneva and London.
We have more than three million users, including half a million in London. Kapten’s entry to London in May proved to be the largest ride-hailing city launch ever in Europe. It was the most downloaded app in the UK App Store for three consecutive days during the second weekend of operation.
Kapten is the PHV app that takes care of its users throughout their journey by offering an exclusive loyalty program, fair prices fixed before the ride and a responsive and local customer service. It was acquired by Daimler AG in January 2018 and now is a part of Daimler’s and BMW’s mobility joint-venture.
All of Kapten’s more than 15,000 driver partners in London have completed TfL’s rigorous licensing process. Kapten is the only platform covering the congestion charge for the drivers for the rest of 2019 and offering additional rewards for plug-in hybrids and electric cars.
Kapten’s everyday low pricing will mean fares are on average 20% cheaper than the competition. Kapten trips in the congestion charge zone will be at least £2 cheaper than Uber, because the American competitor charges congestion and clean-air fees on top of the fare. Kapten operates in TfL zones 1-5.
Today, Kapten consists of 300+ employees of over 20 nationalities. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join our London team in this exciting journey and help us achieve our goal: becoming the European leader in urban mobility.
Deciding to apply to Kapten might just be your best decision today!
As Marketing Director, your job will be to develop Kapten’s growth marketing strategy, to acquire customers and convert them into loyal users of our service, and build and maintain our brand image in London. You will report directly to the General Manager UK. Your main tasks will be:
- Working closely with Paris HQ (CMO, Global Head of Communication, Head of International Marketing) to define UK marketing strategy
- Co-creating and leading the implementation of UK marketing budget worth tens of millions of pounds per year
- Optimizing the local marketing strategy through tactical growth plans and day-to-day activities
- Managing customer acquisition through a variety of different channels (online, offline) working with local media agency
- Implementing relevant partnerships with local brands, venues and influencers
- Adapting and implementing a CRM strategy working closely with UK CRM manager in Paris
- Defining and leading local communication & PR strategy in line with brand DNA and brand positioning
- Managing local marketing & communication team, including Social Media Manager, Partnership Manager, Senior Graphic Designer, marketing analyst(s) and intern(s), and recruiting to fulfil any existing hiring needs
- Establishing, monitoring, and communicating on key KPIs and metrics
- Work hand in hand with the local Operations Director to reach optimal supply & demand equilibrium
- You must have 6-10 years of B2C marketing experience
- You would have experience working in high-growth companies
- You would have demonstrable experience of building and leading the implementation of a marketing strategy
- You would have strong understanding of variety of offline and online acquisition channels and how to use them to boost performance
- You would have demonstrable experience with social media and strategic partnerships in the UK market
- You must have knowledge of the ride-hailing industry
- You would have proficient use of Excel, PowerPoint (Tableau and SQL are a plus)
- You would have experience in building a strong roadmap and managing budgets
- At least 2 years of people management experience would be a plus
What you’ll get:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten credits every month (this just happens to be our favourite benefit!)
- Pension scheme
- A WeWork office in Central London with a fantastic view
- Drinks and snacks in the office
- Regular talks with internal and external speakers
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!