Lead back-end Developer (M/F) - Paris (relocation accepted)
We're hiring Lead Back-end Developers !
Inspired by the Spotify model, our tech team (75 people) is organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds. All of our feature teams work in Scrum with 2-weeks sprints. Find out more here: https://eng.kapten.com/
You will join one of our blue chip teams: B2C, B2B or Supply Tribe, each composed of +/- 15 people.
- 130 microservices deployed in production
- Node.js + TypeScript, Python, Go and React as front-end framework
- Swift, Kotlin for mobile apps
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- 30+ deployments a day
- Fully automated CI / CD with CircleCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Complete observability of our stack in production (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, APMs...)
- High development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, load tests
Your missions :
- You own and you're accountable for large features and high-leverage coding projects;
- You manage a team of 6 to 8 people: back, front, iOS & android developers and QA - and participate in their recruitments;
- You act as a mentor and you coach the developers in your team (ex: peer review, mentoring);
- You participate in the definition of the team's roadmap and its prioritization;
- You work in SCRUM in collaboration with the Product Manager and evaluate the complexity of the technical issues;
- You take part in transversal architectural discussions before each important change;
- You maintain a permanent watch on your field of expertise and share knowledge during tech weekly stand-up.
- You are an excellent developer who writes modular, well-architectured code;
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development and a first experience as an Engineering Manager;
- You are familiar with Agile methods such as Scrum, Devops or TDD;
- A GitHub Repository and/or an application on Google Play is a plus.
- HR phone call (20 minutes)
- Fit interview with Tribe Director and HR (1 hour)
- Technical test to be done at home (around 5 hours)
- Test debrief with Tribe Director and Lead Developer (1 hour) + interview with CTO (30 minutes)
- Employment offer sent by HR - we'll be like "You're the one that I want, You are the one I want" and you'll go "Ooh ooh ooh" 💃
Our work motto:
- A healthy mind in a healthy body: fruits basket, free tea and coffee, yoga classes, showers for the athletes
- A friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices with a 360° view on Paris, video games, ping-pong, cafeteria...
- …. that adapts to your needs: possibility of choosing your laptop and home office option (once a week)
- A passive-aggressive relationship with the subway: Kapten ride credits every months
Why joining our tech team?
- Learning opportunities: mentoring, tech guilds, presentations through weekly tech stand-up
- Major European tech conferences sponsoring and allocated budget to send you to tech events
- Meetups hosting and knowledge sharing through Medium