Social Media Manager
What's our story?
Launched in February 2019, Kapten is the new name of Chauffeur Privé - the leading French ride-hailing company established in 2012, currently available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, Lisbon, Porto, Geneva, and now London.
Kapten is the PHV app that takes care of its users throughout their journey by offering an exclusive loyalty program, fair prices fixed before the ride and a responsive and local customer service. It was acquired by Daimler AG in January 2018 and now is a part of Daimler’s and BMW’s mobility joint-venture.
Kapten’s entry to London in May proved to be the largest ride-hailing city launch ever in Europe. It was the most downloaded app in the UK App Store for three consecutive days during the bank holiday weekend.
All of Kapten’s 15,000 driver partners in London have completed TfL’s rigorous licensing process. Kapten is the only platform covering the congestion charge for the drivers for the rest of 2019 and offering additional rewards for plug-in hybrids and electric cars.
Kapten’s everyday low pricing will mean fares are on average 20% cheaper than the competition. Kapten trips in the congestion charge zone will be at least £2 cheaper than Uber, because the American competitor charges congestion and clean-air fees on top of the fare. Kapten operates in TfL zones 1-5.
Today, Kapten consists of 300+ employees of over 20 nationalities. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join our London team in this exciting journey and help us achieve our goal: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. Read on to get an idea of what our requirements are and what we offer in return.
Deciding to join Kapten might just be your best decision today!
We're building our Marketing team in London!
Your job? As Social Media Manager, you’ll report to the Marketing Manager based in London and your job will be to create a strategy engaging social media communities to increase brand awareness, acquire new riders and convert them into - not just loyal users of the Kapten ride-hailing service - but also brand fans. You will help us to create brand fame for Kapten and drive home our cheeky personality to the hearts of our riders.
What you'll do:
- Creation of and implementation of the digital marketing strategy and content plan.
- Creation of digital content and copywriting - (working with agencies and creating your own) sharing this to achieve awareness, engagement and acquisition of new riders and ultimately brand fans.
- Create Social Media content (posts, stories, videos, contests…) on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube pages, to increase brand awareness, customer acquisition and community engagement.
- Become the Kapten brand online and bring our personality to life - Creatively and proactively engaging our audience, driving brand conversations and relationships with users, advocates, influencers, celebrities and other brands, using the brand tone of voice.
- Manage the paid social media content budget and planning for each network.
- Work closely with agencies (content, PR, Creative, media) to deliver content that joins up with and/or drives our marketing campaigns both on and offline.
- Work closely with local and global marketing teams to leverage our campaigns across social media.
- Find the right influencers for Kapten to create a community that will help you increase the visibility of content.
- Listen to and proactively engage with what the communities say about Kapten. Be ready to respond (whether that’s with little anecdotes or witty one-liners, or heartfelt apologies) to anything and everything.
- Measure and analyze social media campaign performance using tools and predefined KPIs - adapt the social media strategy accordingly based on a test and learn approach.
- You have strong knowledge of and are a regular user of social channels, a strong appetite for web culture and you understand channel diversity.
- You have an abundance of fresh ideas for engaging content and copy - you are an accomplished brand storyteller and comfortable expressing yourself in the brand voice.
- You know how to use online measurement tools - know which to suggest to help plan, measure and optimise social media performance.
- You know which social media planning tools you would choose to help plan, develop and analyse the success of social media campaigns.
- You have a great sense of humour, a positive and can-do attitude, and an ability to inspire others.
- You have experience of putting together paid campaigns across social media - and you know how to measure their effectiveness and optimise them for maximum reach.
- You are on top of (and maybe ahead of) current trends online - you have a natural ability to spot potential for viral content and a knowledge of how to make something viral.
- You are educated to degree level.
- You have 3 years of Social Media or online communication management experience.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, photography is a plus.
- Fluent in English, you have perfect written and oral communication skills and can present ideas in a clear and structured way.
What you’ll get:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten credits every month (this just happens to be our favourite benefit!)
- Pension scheme
- A WeWork office in Central London with a fantastic view
- Drinks and snacks in the office
- Regular talks with internal and external speakers
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!