Senior Customer Support Associate
What’s our story?
Launched in February 2019, Kapten is the new name of Chauffeur Privé - the leading French ride-hailing company established in 2012, currently available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, Lisbon, Porto, Geneva, and now London.
Kapten is the PHV app that takes care of its users throughout their journey by offering an exclusive loyalty program, fair prices fixed before the ride and a responsive and local customer service. It was acquired by Daimler AG in January 2018 and now is a part of Daimler’s and BMW’s mobility joint-venture.
Kapten’s entry to London in May proved to be the largest ride-hailing city launch ever in Europe. It was the most downloaded app in the UK App Store for three consecutive days during the bank holiday weekend.
All of Kapten’s 15,000 driver partners in London have completed TfL’s rigorous licencing process. Kapten is the only platform covering the congestion charge for the drivers for the rest of 2019 and offering additional rewards for plug-in hybrids and electric cars.
Kapten’s everyday low pricing will mean fares are on average 20% cheaper than the competition. Kapten trips in the congestion charge zone will be at least £2 cheaper than Uber, because the American competitor charges congestion and clean-air fees on top of the fare. Kapten operates in TfL zones 1-5.
Today, Kapten is made up of 300+ employees of over 20 nationalities. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join our London team in this exciting journey and help us achieve our goal: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. Read on to get an idea of what our requirements are and what we offer in return.
Deciding to join Kapten might just be your best decision today!
We're building our Customer Support team in London!
Your job? Our customer support team are at the forefront of our operations handling complex questions from our riders and drivers via phone, email and social media channels.
You’ll join our specialist team, dedicated to handling escalated and critical cases. You’ll tailor your approach to each case, taking complete ownership, and working within our policies to deliver a positive outcome for all involved.
What you'll do:
- You’ll be responsible for responding to rider and driver requests on a variety of high priority and critical topics
- You’ll use your communication skills to manage escalated and emotional situations with complete professionalism
- You’ll work within our policies and procedures but also recognise when to adapt your approach to get the best outcome
- You’ll confidently push back on unreasonable requests, but handle these situations with diplomacy
- You will be creating and maintaining a lasting relationship with our customers, with the goal of maintaining a high level of satisfaction
- You will proactively manage conversations with riders and drivers via our social media accounts, using your skills to help build our brand
- You will participate in improving and optimising our Customer Support tools and strategy
- You’ll think outside the box to identify process, product and policy improvements that will help deliver a great customer experience
- You have 1-2 years of previous experience & proven track record of handling escalated and critical cases within a customer support environment
- You are a creative-thinker and enjoy solving problems
- You can confidently handle disputes between parties in a diplomatic fashion
- You are passionate about customer relations
- You can confidently take ownership of an issue and find a way to deliver a positive outcome
- You’re comfortable handling difficult conversations with customers and are comfortable pushing back where needed
- You have a competitive edge and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, we are indeed a hyper-growth scale up.
- You have an excellent level of written and oral communication and perfect spelling
- You are comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite & Google Drive (previous Zendesk experience would be a plus)
What you’ll get:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- We offer different shift patterns including day, evening, weekend and night shifts (premium pay for unsocial hours)
- Kapten credits every month (this just happens to be our favourite benefit!)
- Pension scheme
- A WeWork office in Central London with a fantastic view
- Drinks and snacks in the office
- Regular talks with internal and external speakers
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!