Junior IT Specialist
What’s our story?
Launched in February 2019, Kapten is the new name of Chauffeur Privé - the leading French ride-hailing company established in 2012, currently available in Paris, Lyon, the French Riviera, Lisbon, Porto, Geneva, and now London.
Kapten is the PHV app that takes care of its users throughout their journey by offering an exclusive loyalty program, fair prices fixed before the ride and a responsive and local customer service. It was acquired by Daimler AG in January 2018 and now is a part of Daimler’s and BMW’s mobility joint-venture.
Kapten’s entry to London in May proved to be the largest ride-hailing city launch ever in Europe. It was the most downloaded app in the UK App Store for three consecutive days during the bank holiday weekend.
All of Kapten’s 15,000 driver partners in London have completed TfL’s rigorous licensing process. Kapten is the only platform covering the congestion charge for the drivers for the rest of 2019 and offering additional rewards for plug-in hybrids and electric cars.
Kapten’s everyday low pricing will mean fares are on average 20% cheaper than the competition. Kapten trips in the congestion charge zone will be at least £2 cheaper than Uber, because the American competitor charges congestion and clean-air fees on top of the fare. Kapten operates in TfL zones 1-5.
Today, Kapten consists of 300+ employees of over 20 nationalities. We’re looking for exceptional talent to join our London team in this exciting journey and help us achieve our goal: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. Read on to get an idea of what our requirements are and what we offer in return.
Deciding to join Kapten might just be your best decision today!
Your job? Our main IT team is based in Paris. We need a dedicated Junior IT Specialist to be based in London and provide support to our wider team here.
What you'll do:
- Providing day-to-day IT support internally to 50+ Kapten employees.
- Be responsible for maintaining the company's computer services and equipment, including keeping inventory.
- Troubleshooting to detect and solve technical problems; and installing or updating required hardware and software.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Recommend computer products or equipment to improve company productivity in line with our global IT policy.
- Manage the IT set up for all new arrivals and leavers
- Install and configure user computers (Windows and Mac)
- Be involved in various IT projects
- You have 1-2 years of previous experience & proven track record of working in an IT Support team
- You have working experience with Windows 10, Mac, iOS and Android, Windows server 2012/2016 (AD, DNS, DHCP), Network LAN, WAN, WLAN, VOIP.
- You are passionate about providing great employee experience
- You have a competitive edge and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, we are indeed a hyper-growth scale up. Previous experience of working in a start-up or a scale-up would be beneficial
- You have an excellent level of written and oral communication
What you’ll get:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten credits every month (this just happens to be our favourite benefit!)
- Pension scheme
- A WeWork office in Central London with a fantastic view
- Drinks and snacks in the office
- Regular talks with internal and external speakers
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!