Operations Manager - Onboarding, London
What’s our story?
We are Kapten (pronounced: kapˈte:n) and we’re the new, disruptive player in the ride-hailing market in London.
Launched as Chauffeur Prive in Paris in 2012, by three ambitious French entrepreneurs, we’ve since become the largest player within the French private-hire market and have also rebranded into Kapten.
We’ve grown a lot (we mean a LOT) and we’re still expanding fast. Today, Kapten is made up of 250+ employees of over 15 nationalities, 22 000 driver-partners, and more than 2 million riders.
We operate in Paris, Lyon, French Riviera, Lisbon, Geneva and now in London! Our integration into Free Now - a joint venture between BMW and Daimler AG - allows us to go further with more expansions in Europe planned for 2019.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to join our London team in this exciting journey and help us achieve our goal: becoming the European leader in urban mobility. Read on to get an idea of what our requirements are and what we offer in return.
Deciding to join Kapten might just be your best decision today!
We're building our Operations team in London!
Your job? Lead our driver onboarding team and ensure we verify, onboard, and train thousands of new drivers successfully and efficiently in order to meet skyrocketing demand from Londoners!
Your team? The Ops team in London will be split into three main areas: Onboarding, Customer Support and Quality of Service (QoS). You will lead the Onboarding team and will report directly to the Director of Operations.
What you'll do:
- You will build, lead, and develop a high performing onboarding team to deliver on operational KPIs and provide excellent driver service
- You will utilise data analytics to assess the team’s performance and drive improvements
- You would constantly look to improve the team’s tools and processes to improve and increase standardisation, effectiveness and efficiency, becoming a domain expert they can always turn to
- You will be expected to work alongside & share information with other teams in the business (tech, product, quality of service or customer service) to ensure we are constantly meeting service level expectations
- You will be there to motivate & develop your team, ensuring they are engaged and excited every single day by building a positive, encouraging and energetic work environment
- You will be providing guidance and assistance in the resolution of escalated issues and raise issues to leadership in a consistent manner
- You will play a leading role in developing our supply strategy, determining gaps in coverage and recommending solutions
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2-3 years of previous experience working in high-volume, customer-facing environments with at least 1-2 years experience supervising and leading a team
- High level of dedication and not afraid to get stuck in, roll up your sleeves & go the extra mile when necessary
- Ability to deal with pressure and demanding customers
- Experience setting team goals and KPIs & leading teams to achieve those targets.
- Strong leadership, teambuilding & motivational skills
- Perfect oral and written skills
- Have a competitive edge and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Enthusiasm & a strong desire for new challenges
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office Suite & Google Drive ( Zendesk experience would be a plus)
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten credits every month (this just happens to be our favourite benefit!)
- Pension scheme
- Drinks and snacks in the office
- Regular talks with internal and external speakers
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!