General Manager (M/F) - Amsterdam
Who we are:
Launched in 2012 by three French entrepreneurs, in a few years, our service has become a major player within the French ride-hailing market (and the best-rated app!). Since then, we’ve grown a lot (we mean a LOT). Today, Kapten is made up of 250 employees, 14 nationalities, 22 000 driver-partners, and more than 2 million clients.
We operate in Paris, Lyon, French Riviera, Lisbon, Geneva and London. Our recent partnership with Daimler allows us to go even further with more expansions planned for 2019.
We will launch in Amsterdam by the end of September and therefore we need you!
As a General Manager, your job will be to outline and lead the execution of Kapten’s growth strategy in Amsterdam. You will have the unique opportunity to scale our platform and grow Amsterdam’s user base from zero.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You recruit, lead and develop the local team with the support from Paris HQ;
- You manage and forecast local P&L: determine productivity efficiencies vs.budgeted standards and analyze key performance indicators;
- Oversee and direct key functional support leaders (Operations Manager and Marketing Manager);
- You monitor the execution of a successful marketing plan and growth strategy;
- You guarantee operational excellence by building a high quality and driver friendly service;
- You constantly innovate to differentiate us from our competitors (driver partners and clients perspectives) and adapt the product to the local Amsterdam market;
- You create and optimize the balance between both sides of the platform (supply and demand);
- You represent Kapten locally and maintain fruitful relationships with key market stakeholders and manage all local regulatory concerns.
- You have a Master degree in Economics, Business or Engineering
- You have at least 5 years experience in Strategy Consulting or Banking or Operations management field or business development in leading tech companies or Start-ups
- You are an excellent problem solver, eager to take on a role with broad responsibilities, able to focus on details but also retain a grasp of the big picture.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, ability to speak French is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Attractive salary based on experience
- Kapten ride credits every month
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly ambitious company changing the face of urban mobility, where we work hard but also know how to have fun!