Senior Front-end Developer (M/F) #React.js - Barcelona (relocation accepted)
Kapten opens a Tech Hub in Barcelona!
We have a lot of great challenges coming around the corner at Kapten - like becoming the European leader in urban mobility 😏And since we’re a bit crazy... we aim to double the size of our Tech team in the coming months!
How are we going to do that? With YOU. We are convinced that tech enthusiasts are located anywhere around the globe. By opening a Tech Hub in Barcelona, we want to create new opportunities for you and all the amazing talents out there to join us.
Starting with a few developers, our Tech team is now composed of 90 people organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds in a Spotify-like model. All of our feature teams (composed of back, front and mobile developers, QA engineers, product managers, SRE...) work in Scrum with 2-weeks sprints. Find out more here: https://eng.kapten.com/
You will join one of our blue chip teams: the Supply Tribe, in charge of building the best experience for our driver-partners!
The Supply Tribe daily challenges:
- Build the best mobile apps on iOS & Android
- Make the fastest and easiest onboarding process for drivers and fleets
- Build reporting tools to help them maximise the efficiency of their daily business
- Engage drivers with simple, transparent and efficient bonus systems
- Empower our multi-country operational teams to monitor the fleet
- Build a scalable and efficient real-time GPS platform to match the perfect user with the perfect driver
- +140 microservices deployed in production
- Node.js + TypeScript, Python, Go and React as front-end framework
- Swift, Kotlin for mobile apps
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- 30+ deployments a day
- Fully automated CI / CD with CircleCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Complete observability of our stack in production (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, APMs...)
- High development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, load tests
- You are in charge of Front-End developments and you act as an expert on all Front topics;
- You participate in the design phases, you draft technical specifications and you proactively elaborate solutions;
- You optimize existing features in both performance and quality;
- You test regularly and ensure compliance of the Front-End stack;
- You ensure a regular tech watch and participate in the launch of new projects.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Front-end development;
- You have an experience/strong knowledge of React.js and you're comfortable with at least one front-end automation tool;
- Experience with GraphQL would be a plus (but not required: you will have the opportunity to learn);
- You have a good knowledge of front-end integration (HTML / CSS / JS).
- HR phone call with Miléna (20 minutes)
- Fit interview with Senior Front-end Developer and Miléna (1 hour)
- Technical test to be done at home (3-5 hours)
- Test debrief with Senior Front-end Developer and Lead Developer (1 hour) + interview with CTO (30 minutes)
- Employment offer sent by HR - we'll be like "You're the one that I want, You are the one I want" and you'll go "Ooh ooh ooh" 💃
Our work motto:
- A healthy mind in a healthy body: fruits basket, free tea and coffee, unlimited drinks, gym membership, health insurance with basic dental coverage
- A friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices in the heart of Barcelona (Plaça de Catalunya), video games, ping-pong, team-building activities, hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Paris
- …. that adapts to your needs: intensive Fridays, 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A passive-aggressive relationship with the subway: monthly mobility allowance for free rides
Why joining our Tech Hub?
- In our Tech Hub in Barcelona, we're French, Spanish, English, iOS developers, QA Engineers, Back-end developers, Product Designers, beer drinkers, music players, video gamers, but first of all… we're Kapteners!
- If you want to create a diverse, thriving and supportive community and craft the best user experience for our drivers on iOS, Android & Web… the Barcelona Tech Hub is a perfect match
- You will also have great learning opportunities: mentoring, tech guilds, meetups hosting and knowledge sharing through Medium, major European tech conferences sponsoring and allocated budget to send you to tech events