Database Administrator (DBA) H/F - CDI Paris #MongoDB #ElasticSearch
Our tech team is hiring!
As part of our hyper-growth in France and internationally, we are looking for a DBA (Database Administrator) to intervene on all the steps related to the administration of our databases.
The tech team at Kapten (ex-Chauffeur Privé), it’s… a multidisciplinary team of 70 people with complementary skills: back, front and full-stack developers, iOS and Android developers, SRE, DBA, Data Analyst, Scientist and Engineer, QA and Product Manager. Our tech team is composed of 6 tribes, each of them is a set of squads. This model is inspired by Spotify, you can find more details about our tech organization here: https://medium.com/kapten-engineering/agile-at-chauffeur-prive-172b6f920c24
The production team is a hybrid team composed of SRE, DBA, Developers ... of any level of experience and varied backgrounds.
The Kapten platform is composed of several micro-services and web applications, each of them having their own BDD and API.
- Platform 24/7
- BDD: MongoDB 90%, PostgreSQL 10%, Elastic Search
- Cloud: Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Languages: Python, Shell (Bash), Ansible, Terraform
- Supervision tools: Nagios, Grafana, MongoDB, OPS Manager, DataDog
- Operating system: Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
We have three obsessions ...
- Stability: we aim for a 100% uptime, robust developments, we migrate without downtime, and are ultra-rigorous, especially on the unit and functional tests
- Versatility/Sustainability: our traffic is continually increasing, therefore our services must be able to absorb the current and future load
- Relevance: just the right thing, no more, no less, for both the functionality and its implementation
What you’ll do:
- In agile organization as well on the development side, you will have the following missions:
- You define, set up the architecture and secure the databases in collaboration with the developers;
- You manage backup, restore, replication, and high availability;
- You perform scripts to automate certain tasks;
- You analyze the platforms (system, partitioning, requests of the bdd ...);
- You manage patches, database migrations;
- You write the operating documentation;
- You do technology watch and POC.
Your profile :
- You have 3 years of experience in a similar position and within a production environment
- Familiar with at least one of the following database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch ;
- Fluency in English is a plus
Why choosing us ?
- You’re not afraid of discovering new techniques
- You want to share your best practices;
- You want to communicate with different departments;
- You want to challenge yourself and bring solutions quickly.
What we offer:
- Working towards solving several high challenges with a tech team of 70 people;
- Having the possibility of choosing your laptop: OS and IDE plus home office option (once a week);
- Evolving in a friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices with a 360° view on Paris, video games, ping pong, cafeteria...
- Having a healthy mind in a healthy body: fruit baskets delivered every week, yoga classes hosted...
- Learning to hate the subway: 100 euros of credits on your Kapten app per month