SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) / DevOps (H/F) - CDI Paris
Our tech team is hiring!
The tech team at Kapten (ex-Chauffeur Privé), it’s…. a multidisciplinary team of 70 people with complementary skills: back, front and full-stack developers, iOS and Android developers, SRE, DBA, Data Analyst, Scientist and Engineer, QA and Product Manager. Our tech team is composed of 6 tribes, each of them is a set of squads. This model is inspired by Spotify, you can find more details about our tech organization here: https://medium.com/kapten-engineering/agile-at-chauffeur-prive-172b6f920c24
The Kapten platform is composed of several micro-services and web applications, each of them having their own BDD and API.
- Platform 24/7
- BDD: MongoDB 90%, PostgreSQL 10%, Elastic Search
- Cloud: Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Languages: Python, Shell (Bash), Ansible, Terraform
- Supervision tools: Nagios, Grafana, MongoDB, OPS Manager, DataDog
- Operating system: Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
We have three obsessions ...
1. Stability: we aim for a 100% uptime, robust developments, we migrate without downtime, and are ultra-rigorous, especially on the unit and functional tests
2. Versatility/Sustainability: our traffic is continually increasing, therefore our services must be able to absorb the current and future load
3. Relevance: just the right thing, no more, no less, for both the functionality and its implementation
Your mission? Participating in the construction of IT foundations and maintaining the infrastructure of a pure player in full expansion.
Your team? The Operations and Infrastructure team is a hybrid team composed of SRE, DBA, Developers ... of any level of experience and varied backgrounds.
What you’ll do:
- Guaranteeing that the service is always available: set up the monitoring of indicators and monitor them via alerts;
- Reducing time to market for new features and applications;
- Building the architectures (mount platforms) and size them (flow, network);
- Securing the platforms;
- Choosing technologies and tools;
- Interacting with developers and architects;
- Performing regular production runs for new versions or applications and set business requirements for the environments managed by the team;
- Executing processes during production (correction, migration, extraction of data ...)
- And… automating all these tasks!
Your profile :
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or related field
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar environment (mobile app, web, new technologies) and on a highly available infrastructure;
- Fluency in English both when in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge with the following technical tools:
- Linux / Open Source (expert level)
- Configuration Management / Continuous Deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins or similar tools)
- Networking, DNS, VPN ... ('how the internet works!')
- Virtualization and cloud computing (Kubernetes, Google Cloud, AWS, Heroku ...)
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL databases
Metrology and monitoring
What we offer:
- Working towards solving several high challenges with a tech team of 70 people
- Having the possibility of choosing your laptop: OS and IDE plus home office option (once a week)
- Evolving in a friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices with a 360° view on Paris, video games, ping pong, cafeteria...
- Having a healthy mind in a healthy body: fruit baskets delivered every week, yoga classes hosted...
- Learning to hate the subway: 100 euros of credits on your Kapten app per month